Sunday, August 24, 2008

I don't really know what I am

Well, tomorrow is the big day. The first day of school. I have been trying for several days to figure out what exactly I'm feeling. I am a little nervous, somehow, no matter how many years you've been teaching this happens. I'm a little anxious, just ready for it to get here already. I'm a little worried, what if the kids think I'm a dork and don't buy into my philosophies? I'm a little excited, it will only take a few minutes until I'll be so stinkin' glad that school is back.

So, as you can see, I'm not really sure what I'm feeling. I guess it's just a little of everything. What is especially strange to me is that I don't remember ever feeling this way before school started. I honestly think it's because I've never had this much time to sit around and think about it! Last year at this exact moment I was still at school trying to pull my class together in time. I believe I left the school at 8:00 pm that night. I guess I can easily choose being nervous/anxious/excited instead of being totally overwhelmed and afraid that I would run out of time.

Here's a little glimpse into how teachers deal with all their beginning of the year stress - we drink! For me, Diet Coke does the trick, but some people like something a little stronger - like Dr. Pepper!

How many glasses did you have that day Deneise?

I better go decide what color polo shirt to wear tomorrow. You didn't think I would dress up on the first day, did you?

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It's gonna be great!!!
:)