First of all, I must wish a very Happy Birthday to my sister, Ashleigh. Today she is 24 years old and I'm kind of jealous. Twenty four sounds kind of nice. Anyway, Ashleigh is a super cool person, an incredible teacher, and the keeper or sharer of my most embarrassing moments! :) We certainly haven't always got along, but I'm blown away by her giving spirit to me even when I don't deserve it.
A really fun thing about Ashleigh's birthday is that Allie's birthday is the very next day! So, tomorrow we will celebrate again as Allie turns the big 2! I can't believe she is already that old.
Well, Ashleigh and I take our role as "aunts" very seriously, and we felt like we needed to find Allie a very special gift for her birthday. She's got quite the imagination and is always pretending to cook stuff, so we felt like the perfect gift was a little play kitchen. Do you know how many varieties of kitchens there are? There are wooden ones, plastic ones, walk-in ones, big ones, small ones, even some with "stainless steel" appliances. I "shopped" online first, but ended up going to 3 Targets, Walmart, and Toys 'R Us before finding the perfect kitchen. As if that wasn't adventure enough, we had the hardest time getting the thing in the car!
And it was even more difficult to get it out! After emptying the box of it's contents I realized how big a job this was going to be. 
The number of parts was insane and it took about 2 hours for us to fully assemble it. But when it was finished, it was perfect! 
I can't wait to see Allie's face tomorrow!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Happy Birthday Chicas
Posted by
Emily
at
10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment