Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm so stinkin' excited!!

When you see what it is I'm so excited about you might seriously wonder about me! :)

I have lived in my house for three years now. When I first moved in one of the first things I did was call to get Dish Network installed, because who wants to live without TV?? So a couple days later an installation person came to the house and began looking around. After about five minutes he determined that it would just be "too hard" to install Dish at my house. Apparently, the wiring in the house wasn't set up for satellite, only cable. After "discussing" it with the man he said he could do it but it would require a lot of re-wiring, a lot of time, a lot of destruction, and a lot of money. I said, "forget Dish" and was fine with calling the cable company to get set up that way.

I called the cable company who let me know that because my neighborhood was new, cable wasn't available yet. I asked when it would be available and they weren't able to determine that at that time. I called regularly and at one point learned that their projected availability was 2009!! Three years ago that seemed like it was really far away. Then, about a month ago, I came home from school to discover an advertisement for the cable company on my front door. Like someone had to physically place it on my door. I said, "SWEET!" and went inside and called immediately. Imagine my surprise when they let me know that even though they were advertising ON MY FRONT DOOR their services were still not available at my house. They are not sure why they are placing door hangers on houses that are unable to receive their service, I asked and they said they would get back to me, but I'm still waiting.

Since I've lived through all of that I was a little skeptical when I received another advertisement on my door. This time it was for AT&T Uverse. And this time it's totally available! Check it out:


That's right. This Friday I'm getting all set up with the latest and greatest TV technology! I even have to take a half-day off of work to make it happen, but it's going to be totally worth it!

3 comments:

Shellee said...

I guess if your tv is more important than Abbee's education, it will be worth it!! It's always the children who suffer!

Anonymous said...

SWEET!!! party at your house??

Haley said...

Only you.....