Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer, 5, Nerdiness

Perhaps this should have been three seperate posts, instead it will be one random post that's probably not worth your time!

Anyway, it's finally SUMMER! I am so excited to be done with another year of school. This year went by rather quickly and now I'm ready for the days to slow way down and the summer to drag on. I have no big plans and I'm certain I'll hit the boredom stage soon, but life is nice in the summer.

The end of the school year also marked the completion of 5 years of teaching. I can't believe I've been teaching that long. A conversation today with a student from my first class confirmed just how old that makes me feel...she will be entering high school in the Fall. High school?? They're already in high school?? It's been a great 5 years and I'm excited to see what the next 5 will bring.

I realized today that I'm officially a nerd. I went to the library. As if that wasn't nerdy enough, I really, really like the challenge of finding a book using the Dewey Decimal System. Weird, I know.

Here's to some lazy days ahead!

No comments: