The last time I posted on this here blog was January 1, 2017 - that's insane! Over 8 years ago! So much life happened that it's really too much to recount. One of the more significant events of the last 8 years was becoming Principal of the very school where I started my career in Education 20 years ago. The school where my life was absolutely changed in the best ways by 4 kids and their families.
One of my commitments as Principal was to communicate regularly with my staff through a weekly newsletter. Every Friday I would reflect on what was happening in the world, my life, or our school and try to offer up some encouragement to get us through the next week. My section of the newsletter was called Estes' Encouragements and I loved writing it each week - much like I loved writing on my blog! I think those teachers could still use some encouragement and I could certainly use the space to process things so I'm getting back it!
No comments:
Post a Comment