Friday, December 21, 2007

Painball...oops, I mean Paintball

Just kidding! I really enjoyed my first ever paintball experience. It was especially great because it was in celebration of one of my favorite kid's birthdays! Happy Birthday, Reagan! I will admit that I was very nervous about what it would feel like to get shot with a paintball and I won't lie to you, it does hurt. The pain did go away quickly though. I didn't run into any wild animals or hunters, but I did have an encounter with some nasty thorns. And, I don't remember that being included in the "Waiver of Liability" paperwork. All in all, it was a very fun experience. Thanks Reagan for having a birthday and letting me play too!

Now, on to some other news. This afternoon I knocked out a huge chunk of my remaining Christmas shopping. There really is nothing like waiting until 4 days until Christmas to get with it. Everything was going great until I decided to go to the mall. Believe me, this is a place that should probably be avoided this time of year.

Anyway, while I was out today I noticed that new tanning salon is opening up on the other side of town. Now, I'm not going to try to act like tanning is bad or anything. I've certainly done my share, but I don't think what I saw today is a good idea.


I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this place has about 10 tanning beds. The problem, they are all out in the open. I just don't think that's right. I mean, it's one thing to go in a little room and have some privacy, but I can't imagine being comfortable in this situation.

Now, I realize that they probably just haven't built the walls yet, but the thought of this place opening up as is, made me laugh.