Friday, March 14, 2008

Casa del iPhone

I believe it is well documented that I am a fan of the iPhone. I have absolutely no regrets and it makes it so easy for me to avoid one of my biggest (or silly) fears, calling people on the phone!

Well, my Mom got a new car that has that bluetooth thing in it so she can use her cell phone through the car's stereo system and her old phone just wasn't cutting it. So, last weekend my Mom, Dad, and sister all jumped on the iPhone bandwagon! I'm not going to lie, there are have been moments this week where we have all sat in the same room with our phones out learning all the tricks. My Mom calls herself "computer stupid" (but she really isn't-she plays a mean game of Spider Solitaire) so the jump to the iPhone was a pretty big one. In fact, I just showed my Mom the other day how to send an email and my sister taught her the art of the text message.

Fast forward to today...I sneakily check my email on my phone during recess and see that I have mail from my Mom. I'm thinking, "Cool, she emailed me!" Here's her message:

I went to see dr and he put me in the hospital.
iPhone battery is almost dead.
I need cord. :)
Love you,
Mom

Sent from my iPhone


I immediately let her know that I was proud of her for sending it, but EMAIL is NOT an appropriate way to tell someone (at least your own children) that you are in the hospital! And guess how she told my sister, a text message. She is doing fine though.

By the way, it automatically puts "sent from my iPhone" at the end of messages, she didn't type that in. :)

Mom- you are funny, and I love you! :)

No comments: