Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I have never been more proud

I can honestly say that I have never been more proud to be a Baylor Bear than I have been this week!

For the first time in 20 years, the Baylor Men's Basketball team will play in the NCAA Tournament. They have overcome a lot of junk to be in the position they are in and people are noticing. Check out these articles, this one is from a newspaper in Indiana, and this one is from the Chicago Sun-Times. I know it's not likely they'll go very far, but watch out, every year there's a cinderella!

Three years ago the Baylor Women's Basketball team won the NCAA Tournament! It was surprising for most of the country and many Baylor Fans too. That team beat three #1 seeds on their way to the National Championship, a very big deal. This year we are going into the tournament a #3 seed and I think we are going to surprise a lot of people, back to the Final Four!!

Lastly, I had the opportunity to head to Waco today to watch a little softball action. Well, with all the rain, the game was cancelled. In an effort to save the day, we stopped by the softball stadium just to see it and noticed the team was practicing at the "covered" practice field. We watched in amazement as they practiced their pitching and batting. After a few minutes the Head Coach, Glenn Moore, walked up and introduced himself to us. He apologized for the game cancellation but welcomed us to come inside and watch practice and then offered a tour of the locker room and autographs. I was blown away. I mean, I know how great Baylor is and how great people at Baylor are, but he was so nice and so giving to us. He went way out of his way to make the day memorable!

Baylor has always been a special place to me, but this week, I am down-right PROUD to be a Baylor Bear! Sic'em!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally picked baylor to win this first round!! i'll be wearing my green today! :)d