Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Day Well Spent

Today's been a good day. Which is just the kind of day I feel like I needed to have. We are exactly two weeks away from my least favorite day of the school year, the TAKS test, so things have been a little bit stressful. I'm sure you've probably heard of passive aggressive, well, I get stressed out passively. I am not really worried about this test and know everything is going to be just fine, but still I tend to think, and think, and think, and then worry, and worry, and worry, and then I'm just plain tired. So after riding that roller coaster the last week or so, it was nice to have some good quality distractions.

This evening at church instead of playing Capture the Flag, I chose to hang out with Jackson. He is growing so much! He smiled at me and laughed a little, but mostly just enjoyed slobbering on his hand. Then, he fell asleep in my arms. I just don't think there is anything better than that!

After church I caught a little baseball. Mostly, I tried to protect my eyes from dirt and wind damage. But, the game was close, and the company was great! I did have a funny moment though. I tried to park my car in a place where it would be safe from foul balls, so I parked across the street on a little patch of grass. When I walked to my car after the game, I noticed this sign:


Oops. Please don't turn me in!

Also, I just have to say how much I love that all my peeps are blogging. It's so funny to me that nearly every conversation I have with one of those people over on the right includes some comment or question about blogging. It's like a little blogging community! :) And, I want to officially welcome, Marcy, to the party. She's a teacher at my school (an amazing one - by the way) and she's really funny, so go check out her blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate to post this for the world to see...but...jackson did wake up in the night with a fever after you were hogging, oops, i mean, holding him all night!!

:) hee hee!

Emily said...

He woke up because of an ear infection!!! You don't catch those! :)