Wow, it's been a little while since I've blogged about anything. I guess I haven't really had anything exciting to write about. I've mostly spent the last week trying to overcome my addiction to Diet Coke. Seriously, I had some pretty crazy withdrawal symptoms. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it and am trying to consume just one a day. Man, I have amazing will-power don't I?
So while I've been sitting in a dark corner rocking back and forth (totally kidding) I've been listening to a song I heard on the radio non-stop. I heard it one day and remembered, thankfully, that I have that iPhone App that tells you what song is playing just by listening to a few seconds of it. Otherwise I would have listened all night waiting for them to tell me the name of the song. I downloaded it right away. I really like the music but the lyrics are what really get me. The song is called Savior, Please and it's by Josh Wilson.
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last
I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me
Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have
Hallelujah
Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need
And I am learning to believe
That I don't have to prove a thing
'Cause You're the one who's saving me
Music, it speaks to me.
I'll end this post with a couple funny stories from the schoolhouse...
Today, the really short hairs on the top of my head have been stuck straight up for some reason. I really didn't think it was that noticeable but while my class was waiting in line at lunch one boy looks up at me, tilts his head, and says "looks like somebody's having a bad hair day." I just laughed really hard. It's that kind of honesty that really lets me know we have a family atmosphere at school. :)
This next one is actually courtesy of my sister. We were comparing two kids who crack us up regularly with the strange things they say. Well the other day Ashleigh asked this student to go next door and pick up the paper off the printer. The girl goes next door and says, "I'm here to pick up the picture off the planet."
And that's all folks!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Long time no blog
Posted by
Emily
at
8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment