Saturday, April 3, 2010

I think I'm ready to talk about it

Well, the weekend didn't quite turn out like I had hoped but it will definitely be some of my all-time favorite Baylor memories. Seeing Reliant Stadium so full of green and gold was amazing! I was so proud to be a Baylor Bear!

When it was all said and done we lost to Duke. And just for the record, I didn't cry or get angry! The final score was 78-71 but the game was really a lot closer than that. Right before half-time we were down by 7 and came all the way back to lead by 3 at the half. It was probably the most exciting 2 minutes of basketball I think I've ever witnessed. We were screaming, jumping, and clapping so hard that our hands were red! The people around us were obviously Duke fans and I'm sure didn't enjoy our enthusiasm! If only we had finished the game that strong! I'm still so very proud of the Bears and very excited about what next year will bring!

I'm also pumped about the girls making it back to the Final Four. If only we didn't have to get past Connecticut for the National Championship. Anything can happen! To add a little more excitement, the final four is actually in San Antonio! I don't have plans to make the trek but like I said, anything can happen!! :)

Here's a few pictures from Friday night's game against St. Mary's (I don't have any from Sunday):





I can whole-heartedly say that 1,032 miles, 18 1/2 hours in the car, and a few dollars was definitely worth seeing Baylor play in the Sweet Sixteen and Elite 8. The best part though was getting to share the experience with some of my favorite people. Thanks to Reagan, Shane, Alex, and Kristy for supporting the Bears with me!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Great, great fun!!!

Maybe next time!!??