About three weeks ago I came home from school to find this: 
I was really quite bothered by the sight of my nice brick and mortar mailbox leveled. I immediately wondered who I made mad enough to take a bulldozer to my mailbox. I was a little in shock. I mean I had so many questions...How? Why? How much will it cost to fix? Will the mailman deliver to the ground?
It was really a rough few moments until I made it to the front door. I soon discovered a business card slipped between the door and the door post. Apparently, a concrete truck pouring a foundation next door backed into it trying to get into position. I was really relieved that it wasn't an act of vandalism, and perhaps, more relieved that I wasn't going to have to pay for it. After a couple weeks of hunting down the right people to fix it, I now have a new mailbox and all is right with my mail again. 
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Postal Peace Restored
Posted by
Emily
at
9:36 PM
Labels: Randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Postal peace - that's a good one!! :)
Post a Comment