The day I have been dreading for about a month now has come and gone. Tomorrow begins Round 2 of the beloved TAKS testing at my school and someone thought that the teachers acting like loons was a good way to get the kids motivated. So, we spent this morning performing in our very own version of "TAKS Idol." I'm not really sure what I was supposed to be, but Mrs. Sykes and I performed "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. Apparently the judges didn't like it because we didn't make it through to Hollywood.
My favorite part was that I was so nervous I was like frozen in place, I couldn't move. And, I couldn't really see out of my sunglasses. The whole three minutes was a bit of a blur! It cracks me up just thinking about how silly that is! Oh well, I survived, and some of my good friends were so willing to be there and take pictures! Thanks guys, you're the best, really! :)
I think my favorite act of the day had to be "GEM." They rocked the house and made it to Hollywood! Way to go Marcy! 
Monday, April 28, 2008
Anything for the kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where'd you get those glasses??
I love the hair - I'm thinking you should have tried to pull it back in a pony - get it off your face!!
Just kidding - yall looked great and did great!!
This is hard for me to believe! WOW!!
Post a Comment