Well, tomorrow's the big day. I'm leaving town for 15 days of summer fun! I will be spending tomorrow in San Francisco, CA and then Friday we are headed north to Medford, Oregon for some quality time with the family. We will spend some more time in San Francisco on the way home and then it's off to camp I go.
It's been a bit of an adventure getting myself all packed and ready to go. I think I may suffer from a touch of overpackingitis, but I feel certain that my suitcase is less than 50 pounds so we should be good to go. Never mind the fact that I'm taking two pairs of tennis shoes because I can only run in my "running shoes" and don't want to wear them for other purposes. :) I also got my haircut today! I like it a lot, but I'm sorry to say it will never look the way it did when I left the salon. So, if you missed it, better luck next time! Now that I'm all ready to go, I'm really looking forward to visiting places I've never been and re-visiting places I haven't been since I was a kid.
Here's the list of things I'm most looking forward to:
**Going to San Francisco - I've never been there. While in San Francisco I'm going to run across the Golden Gate Bridge (this will actually happen tomorrow evening), see Lombard Street, and hopefully ride on a cable car! My list is so exciting, isn't it? :)
**Seeing some big ol' trees in the Redwood Forest.
**Going fly-fishing - My uncle loves to fish and I'm hoping he'll take me. I want to do some "A River Runs Through It" kind of fishing. Like stand in the river with waders and everything. If I do catch a fish, I don't really want to touch it.
**Going to Crater Lake - I've actually been here before, but it's probably been like 20 years! It is supposed to be absolutely breath-taking, and, it's covered in snow right now! Who doesn't like playing in the snow in the middle of June?
**Hanging out with the family - Not only will I be spending lots of time with my Dad, Mom, and sister, but I will also get to see some of my family that I rarely see. Like my 93-year-old Grandma. And aunts and uncles. And my cousin and his family. I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time sitting around telling crazy funny stories - like the time my brother ate all the beef jerky (that was a special treat for my cousin's dog) on the way home from a camping trip and then got SO sick! Good times.
I'm going to try to blog a little bit while I'm away but I don't want to make any promises. I'll at least have to update everyone on if I make it across this:
And, hopefully, it doesn't look like this tomorrow:
Adios, amigos!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Leavin' on a Jet Plane
Posted by
Emily
at
9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment