Now that I have this cool-looking blog I can't think of anything to write about. Something pretty funny did happen at school this week and I thought I would share.
My favorite subject to teach is Social Studies, I've discovered that I'm kind of a history nerd. In fourth grade we teach all about Texas, and it's kind of ironic that I love teaching about a place that I was determined I was going to hate when I first arrived about 18 years ago. Nonetheless, the history of Texas is exciting, unique, and continues to have an impact on life as we know it.
On Tuesday, I introduced the kids to the American Revolution (as a way to lay the foundation for what was to come for Texas). We talked about the Intolerable Acts, the Boston Massacre, and the Boston Tea Party. I was very into what we were talking about. The kids were totally engaged and we were rolling right along. I like to read out of the book and then stop and explain in my own words, this is usually when I get really excited and animated in my talking.
So, I just finished telling my version of what ever it was we had read and we were going back to the book to see what happened next.
This is what the book said: The fighting began...
This is what I said: The farting began...
Much laughter and rolling on the floor ensued. I often find myself getting overly excited and mis-speak a lot, but I think that this is by far the funniest example yet!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Sometimes I get too excited
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment