Over the course of the last two days I've found myself celebrating two very sweet victories:
Tuesday night saw the G-Ballers win again! This win catapulted us into 3rd place in the league standings. Quite an accomplishment for this comical volleyball team. The Baconaters were certainly a tough opponent, but Jeff and Duce's amazing ability to play the whole court by themselves proved to be too much for them. At one point (I believe it happened twice though) in the game I sent a ball sailing towards the chairs (way out of bounds) and Jeff, in super-human form, hit it back into play and Duce sent it back over the net! It was pretty incredible. Unfortunately, these wayward shots of mine have left a deep bruise on my left wrist.
Then today, in the first day of TAKS Football, I managed to get my nose busted by a third-grader. TAKS Football is an annual "flag football tournament" between the four elementary schools. The third-graders play on one day and the fourth-graders play the next. Since, I was helping coach the third graders I got to go along today. And, we won! Like, we won the first game and then won the second game, making us the 2008 TAKS Football Champions! In the history of this little event, my school has never won first place in either third or fourth grade so it was a very big deal. It is amazing how competitive and intense the whole atmosphere gets. At one point, we scored a go-ahead touchdown and I was giving all the kids high-fives as they returned to the sidelines. One kid enthusiastically jumped in the air to meet my hands and totally missed - smacking me in the nose instead! After I regained consciousness, ok-not really, but there was blood and it still hurts pretty bad, I found the whole incident quite funny.
We've got one more round of football tomorrow and as long as I don't come home with any broken bones I think we can consider it a success!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Victory can be painful
Posted by
Emily
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
G-ballers in the HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I mean, not in my house of course!
Just to let you know my daughter was devastated by the loss to her father's "retard" team!
Post a Comment