Saturday, May 3, 2008

Well, I'm kind of tired

What a day it's been! Certainly nothing to complain about, just lots of really good stuff all in one day.

I started the morning with a baseball game. Then I made my way to Mayfest to watch some performances and spend some time with a cool kid named Parker. Then I went to another baseball game. Then I went to dinner with some more cool people. Then I spent some time with Will and Allie. Then I went to Walmart with Will. Then I played with Will and Allie some more. Then I ran 1.75 miles. Then I did some laundry. And that brings me to right now! Crazy!

It's been several weeks since I have seen Will and Allie and I honestly kind of wondered if they would really remember me. I mean, I knew they would remember me, but I just worried that it wouldn't be the same as when we were hanging out about once a week. Just seeing them made my heart happy, but hearing a "Will Story" really made me smile. My parents had taken them to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and as soon as they walked in Will ran over to the booth we sat at one night and told them, "this is where I sat with Aunt Emily." How crazy is that? That happened three months ago, and, he was totally right! I love that kid! Allie is growing like a weed and talking so much. My favorite thing she said was, "purp" for the color purple. It was really cute.

They weren't really cooperating in the picture department, too much playing, but here's an attempt:














Now, about the running 1.75 miles. I'm pretty sure that is the longest distance I have ever run in my life. I'm convinced it was made possible by my brand new shoes:


That's right, after my little breakthrough the other night, I convinced myself that I could go even further if I had some better shoes. In a couple days, I will be able to unveil something else these shoes can do, it's pretty cool! (I really need to get a life!) :) Seriously though, the shoes were great and I feel like I could have gone even further if it hadn't been 9:30 and the fact that I was already back at my house. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments: