Monday, September 8, 2008

I love my job

It's way past my bedtime :), but my head and heart are full and I feel like I'll sleep better if I let some stuff out...

What in the world was I thinking when I gave up teaching Math last year? I had such a fun day teaching today, and it was really quite ordinary. We were learning about rounding today so we began with a great song (thanks Mrs. Roark), then I told the "True Story of Rounding" (totally made it up as I was going- it was much better the second time around), and we finished by playing "The Rounding is Right" (another in-the-moment creation). Somehow we ended up with a piece of paper stuck to the ceiling!! And I don't know who had more fun, me or the kids!

It's always nice to feel like you are right where you're supposed to be, doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing. All my worrying, of course, was for nothing. God has blessed me abundantly. Instead of worrying so much about the "now" and the future, I'm trying to remind myself of truth - God has plans for me, plans to give me a hope and a future. He has never led me astray, He has never left me or forsaken me. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is good.

That's all.

1 comment:

Shellee said...

First of all, you are awesome! I can already see Abbee's love for learning growing and she has only been in your class 3 weeks!

Second, God IS good. I was just thinking the same thing about my job. I know I'm right where God wants me and I am SO blessed to work with my brother and the great great staff at Grace...I love them ALL!

Third, YOU ARE AWESOME! Did I mention that already? I love you and all the richness you've added to my life (not to mention my kids' lives!). I feel blessed to get to do life with you!