The last week or so I have noticed a disturbing trend. I used to be able to stay up late into the night and wake up fairly easily when the alarm clock went off (I didn't want to, but still could). However; lately, I find myself barely able to stay up past nine and then barely wake up in time to make it to school. Not to mention that most days I am ready to eat dinner at about 5 o'clock! It has been suggested that all of this is caused by the fact that I may be getting old! And that, my friends, is just something I'm not quite ready to accept!
Unfortunately, the whole getting older thing is happening whether I want it to or not. I find the older I get the more I worry about things that are pretty much out of my control. My ideas about what I thought life would be like are changing. My time gets more valuable. The important people in my life have become even more important. The dreams I have for my life, while still there, have become less about waiting and wanting and more about believing that wherever my life is at this moment, is exactly where I'm supposed to be. It's about the hope I have in the ONE who doesn't just make my dreams come true but gives me so much more than I could have asked for or imagined. For me, getting older is kind of scary and uncertain, but I'm going to try to worry less and enjoy the ride.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I think I'm getting old(er)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
~ Isaiah 55:8-9 ~
Posted by
Emily
at
9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are OLD!!So much older than me infact! I can't believe you are going to be 27! Gosh! :) When can we get together to celebrate your bday? This weekend?
Hey. I just wanted to join in and which you a happy birthday. And even though you're not close to it at 27, don't forget that 30 is the new 20. Or so I'm told. At least that's what I tell myself.
Happy Birthday, EEE
don't forget to let everyone know that you gave me your birthday...oh, never mind, i'll do it!!
Post a Comment