I have had this blog for less than a week and already it has become an interesting part of my life. When something funny, sad, or thought-provoking happens I all too quickly think, "I could blog about this." Well, this evening was filled with some pretty great "I could blog about this" moments.
It all started when my friend Haley spontaneously asked me to meet her and Abby for dinner. Now, you're gonna need some background: Haley and I have been friends since like forever, well probably more like third grade. We went to the same church, the same middle school, the same high school for two years, you get the point. We have known eachother for a long time. Ever since we went away to college, she went to A&M (sick) and I went to Baylor (sic'em), we have become even better friends. We have shared many big moments in life, some we're proud of and some we're not. She took me to get my tattoo (it really was my idea though Dad), I was in her wedding, and I was there when Abby was born (not like right there, but at the hospital). What is so cool to me, is that even though we haven't seen eachother often since we went away to school (about once every five months) we can pick up right where we left off. Most of the time we are laughing about dumb things, saying dumb things, and doing dumb things that we wouldn't do with anybody else. Tonight was a perfect example of this.
So, we started out by meeting at Don Pablo's for dinner. We eat and mostly talk about school (she's a teacher too), then it comes time to pay the bill. "I could blog about this" Moment #1: My Diet Coke cost me $2.30! Are you kidding me? That is just insane. Once I realized how much it was costing me I insisted on sitting there and drinking another glass full. Then, I got the server to bring me more in a to-go cup. I've been very frugal lately. As we were leaving, Haley decides we should go to Marble Slab for ice cream, it's in the same shopping center and she has a coupon!! "I could blog about this" Moment #2: We get to Marble Slab and as Haley is pulling Abby out of the car she realizes that she has had a blow-out. Not just any blow-out, a big, ugly, stinky, all-over-the-place blowout. She blamed cheap diapers, I just laughed really hard. You should have seen the two of us trying to clean it up! Did I mention Haley got it on her shirt? Finally, all is well and we go inside. "I could blog about this" Moment #3: We go to pay for the ice cream and they refuse to take the coupon! It isn't expired and an identical coupon has been used at the same location before. I think that is the last time I trust Haley's coupons.
Next, she decides she needs a new purse, not just any purse, a big, but not too big, neutral, I can carry it in the Fall purse. "I could blog about this" Moment #4: We try Ross first. Now, I'll go with my friends anywhere they want to shop, but, Ross has to be like my least favorite place of all. That all changed when as Haley is "trying on" purse after purse Abby spews all over her. Remember, she already has blow-out remnants on her shirt. Again, I'm laughing pretty hard. In the end, Ross didn't come through. So, we head to Stein Mart. "I could blog about this" Moment #5: As we were walking into the store our eyes immediately went to some lovely hats. Like, really nice. I jokingly put one on and in seconds Haley has whipped out her camera (apparently a new Mom always has it handy) and starts taking my picture! See, we can act pretty juvenile. Next, we try Burlington Coat Factory. "I could blog about this" Moment #6: I wouldn't recommend Burlington Coat Factory. That is all I really should say about it. There was much laughter though. "I could blog about this" Moment #7: Since we were so unsuccessful at our "bargain" shops Haley decides she can spend a little more money, her idea of a little more money, drumroll please, Target. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Target. I just thought she was going to say "let's just go to the mall." She was unsuccessful once more, Abby was hungry, and it was getting late. We decided to call it a night.
Hopefully there won't be too many more days with this many "I could blog about this" moments, but, I'm thankful for this one...I had fun.
Friday, August 10, 2007
I could blog about this
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you are my friend!
Post a Comment