It is officially 12 hours until I must return to work. I spent my last day of freedom getting myself ready, I even got a haircut, which is something I really dislike doing. It looks good now but I'm sure when I have to fix it myself in the morning it will be a whole different story.
Since the summer is officially about to end, I thought now would be a good time to give a quick recap of all the things that filled my summer:
Many of my summer days were spent at the pool with great friends. I survived a couple sunburns and can happily report that I am more tan than when the summer began. I also got the opportunity to watch a lot of good little league baseball. If you're still playing ball into July that really means something and the games got more and more exciting. For two weeks in the evenings I was a "coach" at my church's Basketball Camps. I had a lot of fun hanging out with lots of kids.
My first big adventure of the summer was a mission trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in June. Vancouver is really just on the other side of the United States/Canada border but, it feels like it's on the other side of the world. I saw lots of things that I have never seen before in my life. It was an eye-opening experience for sure and I left with a greater burden for people who are left hurting from all kinds of abuse. It has caused me to pray that God would open my eyes to the people here at home that need me to be Jesus to them.
My next big adventure was to be a sponsor at Kid's Camp at the end of July. It was really the first time I have been to camp as an adult and not a kid. Somedays you may not have been able to tell that I was an adult. :) We had lots of fun doing all sorts of stuff. The most meaningful thing for me though was getting to talk with a girl about her decision to become a Christian. It was cool because I could really feel God getting 'me' out of the way so He could do the talking.
There were lots of other exciting things that happened but I'll spare you the details. Mostly, I'm thankful for this summer because I believe it is leaving me as a better person, better friend, and a better believer.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
So long sweet summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment