Is anyone else worried that Hollywood is going to shut down and we won't get to enjoy new episodes of our favorite TV shows? I know I just feel terrible for those poor writers. I'm really glad that all the actors are getting in the act and walking the picket lines too, what solidarity!
It's a shame that there are people in this world who work really hard and don't get paid what they think they should. I heard the other night on Entertainment Tonight that TV show writers make about $250,000 a year and their just looking for a fair deal. I know my heart just aches for them. Nevermind the fact that thousands of children, in the United States alone, are homeless and malnourished, or the countless families that have been bankrupted by unexpected medical bills, or the single-parents working two or three jobs just to keep the lights on. These writers, they deserve so much more.
It kind of reminds me of the great Major League Baseball strike a couple years ago, or even more recently the NHL strike. Whatever happened to going to work and working hard because you are doing something you enjoy? I'm sure this will all get settled soon, I just heard that Bill Clinton has offered to be a mediator for the situation. Maybe while they are working out a new deal that will give writers a few more cents a month they can finally nail down a definition of "is."
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ahead and step off my soapbox now. :)
Thursday, November 8, 2007
I really feel bad for them
Posted by
Emily
at
6:49 PM
Labels: Randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment