I'm quickly running out of days to share all my thankfulness! I'm also certain that there are several people and things that I will miss. In order to do my best at avoiding that I'm going to have to double up... Now, if you would have asked me 10 to 15 years ago if I was thankful for my brother and sister I would have probably given the obligatory yes, but growing up does something to you. You start to realize just how important family is and how big a role they play in who you are. I'm so very thankful that as part of my family, God gave me a big brother and a little sister.
Day 10: I'm thankful for Josh & Kelley, and Ashleigh
Let's start with Josh since he's the oldest! I don't think I really appreciated my brother until he could drive and then it became very important seeing as he was my way to school. :) My brother is a genius. He pretty much excels at everything he does, he can even cook! He's an amazing trumpet player, a wood craftsman, and an all-around good guy. Did I mention that he was smart? You should check out the blog he writes for here. I'll give you a $1 if you can understand it - too smart for me! Josh is also very funny. I don't think there is much in this life that I enjoy more than seeing him laugh so hard he can't stop. Good stuff.
Kelley, Josh's wife, is also someone I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. Kelley is also very smart and crafty. She amazes me with her ability to juggle two kids, a home, graduate school, and still have energy to make super cute stuff. Obviously I'm also very thankful that they gave me the cutest niece and nephew in the world!
Now, on to my sister Ashleigh. Ashleigh gives me much to be thankful for and I think I've mentioned a lot of them on here before, so I'm going to try to write something different. I'm thankful for her honesty. She's the only person in my life that would ask, "did you wear that today?" when I walk in the door. She's seen the absolute worst of me and still loves me. She's probably the most unconditional person I've ever met. She would do anything for just about anybody. She's a gifted teacher and works harder than anyone else I know. She makes me laugh, a lot, especially if we're laughing about a previous time when we laughed a lot! I'm also extremely grateful that she made THE ROLLS for Thanksgiving, perhaps the best rolls ever. I'm thankful that she's a Baylor Bear like me. And finally, I'm probably most thankful that no matter what happens in life, good or bad, she's always there.
We certainly haven't always gotten along, but I can definitely say that my life is way better with them in it! I'm thankful that God designed just the right family for me.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The 12 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10
Posted by
Emily
at
9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ashleigh's not really that great!! do you remember the 1st time i introduced myself?? she totally ignored me! (no need to bother people with the details...she ignored me, that's all anyone needs to know!)
do you mean the time you were honking your horn and waving like a crazy person at her??
Post a Comment