Day 3: I'm thankful for my class
I think I've mentioned a time or two that I really love my job. I still find it almost funny that I've ended up where I am, but I also believe that my job and everything that has come with it, is all part of God's sovereign plan for my life. Maybe that's the reason I love it so much!
Anyway, I'm almost half-way through with my fourth year of teaching and I've been blessed with four great classes. It is amazing to me how similar, yet different, they all have been. My first class will always be special to me and I can't believe those kids are in middle school now. My second class was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, very good kids who seemed to enjoy school and got along well. When my second year was over I kind of felt like it was all downhill, there was no way another class could compare. Last year my class was great too, but the year wasn't as enjoyable for lots of reasons. Then this year happened. This year, my class is equally amazing as the second, with a twist.
First of all, I'm especially thankful for them today because they totally rocked this morning when we had a very important visitor come to our class. This is the kind of class that could totally survive an entire day if I just didn't show up (not that I would). They would get where they're supposed to be and they would actually do what they are supposed to do. This class also genuinely seems to like each other. They play together at recess, like all of them. They cheer on each other's successes, and they care A LOT when someone is hurting-something that is really going to be important in the next couple months.
I really only have two complaints so far, the first being that I don't get to spend all day with them and the second, the year is already almost HALF OVER!! That is just crazy to me. But for right now I'm just thankful that God has blessed me again with a wonderful group of kids who really feel like family.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The 12 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 3
Posted by
Emily
at
7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
bragger
Post a Comment