Somehow I managed to go about 36 hours without drinking any Diet Coke and it wasn't intentional. I just hadn't been around any and I really didn't give it a single thought until this afternoon, then the headache hit. Aleve couldn't get rid of it, neither could Advil, so as I type this I'm drinking me some Diet Coke! There's only one person I know of who enjoys Diet Coke like I do and that brings me to...
Day 5: I'm thankful for Kristy
I think it's a good idea to look back at the not-too-distant past every once in awhile, it gives you insight into how God has worked things out for your good even when you couldn't see it at the time. When I look back just two quick years ago, I can clearly see how God changed the direction my life was heading, as if He picked me up and put me on a completely different path. I can also see that at the time when I needed it most, God blessed me with an amazing friend.
I'm kind of having trouble putting into words the incredible person Kristy is. Kristy is one of the kindest and most encouraging people I know. She's always willing to help me with the not-so-fun tasks, like cutting out lamination or moving my entire classroom TWICE! She's very thoughtful, always giving nice notes or calling to check on me. She's an excellent listener, and boy has she had to listen to a lot of crazy stuff from me! She cracks me up all the time, especially when she's telling a story or when we're playing Wii Tennis.
Kristy is one of those people that is constantly putting other people ahead of herself. She's constantly speaking truth into my life and is a great example of the kind of person I want to be. As with most of my friends, I often wonder what it is I can give back to Kristy, because she gives me so much. My life is more fun, more meaningful, and all around better because of my friend. And I'm so very thankful for that.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
The 12 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 5
Posted by
Emily
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You totally rock my world, sister!! Thanks for being an amazing friend!!
Post a Comment