I had a really great Thanksgiving on Thursday. I spent the day hanging out with the family, watching a little football, and eating great food!
For as long as I can remember there has been one part of Thanksgiving that I enjoy far above anything else. The Rolls. I don't know when homemade rolls made their first appearance at our Thanksgiving table, but I know they are a must. For the past several years my sister and I have volunteered to make the rolls, because if we don't, nobody will. Usually "we" volunteer but Ashleigh is the one making the magic happen. Not this year, my friends, not this year. I definitely put in a little elbow grease to make the rolls happen this year. And they did happen, even if someone only put in half the yeast. I'm not going to name names, but it wasn't me! :) I'd share "The Rolls" recipe, but let's be honest, making them is way too much work. Here are some pictures of the experience.
This is the "roll bowl." See, I told you we've been making them for awhile, they have their own bowl.
This is the warm water and the yeast dissolving, just half the yeast, mind you.
This is usually the point that I get bored and give up. Here I am taking a little break. I did persevere though.
This is the dough once about half the flour has been added. Look at me stirring furiously.
Here I am kneading the dough.
Here I am with proof that I was working hard. I even have flour on my face. :)
And here's the finished product, before being baked and after.
As if "The Rolls" weren't excitement enough for one day, it also snowed! It was a very cold Thanksgiving, but it was pretty cool to see the snow falling as we ate. Since this is Texas, I bet I'll be wearing shorts at some point later this week.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thanksgiving and The Rolls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey -
nevermind about getting me that recipe - that looks like way too much work!!
They look great though!!
You had flour on your face because you put it there!
The one whose name you will not name. :)
you had flour on your face...you big disgrace:D
those rolls looked very yummy!!! Any leftovers???
Very, very impressive!!! You're so domestic.
Post a Comment